In the interest of minimizing possible exposure in our community to COVID-19, the Virginia Tech University Ombuds Office is suspending all in-person appointments and walk-ins effectively immediately.
We recognize that there may still be issues, conflict, disagreements, etc. that you wish to discuss. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call and leave a message at 540-231-3125 and we would be glad to schedule an appointment via phone or Zoom as soon as possible. Your information will be treated confidentially. Being mindful that phone or Zoom might not be an option for you because of a disability, technological limitation, or similar challenge, let us know and we will find a way to accommodate the situation.
"Please take a moment to learn more about the Ombuds services available to you, especially if you are not sure where to turn for help. Over time, unresolved issues can become unhealthy, affecting your wellbeing, the success of your unit or department, and the strength of our community. Please consider reaching out while problems are still small, and respectful solutions are easier to achieve."
- President Tim Sands | READ MORE
· Confidentiality · Informality · Neutrality · Independence ·
Our Offering to the Hokie Nation
- enhance the Virginia Tech experience by providing individuals with a confidential space to speak freely and be listened to respectfully
- provide coaching and Ombuds services to help individuals navigate through the inevitable conflict challenges that come up in campus life and
- encourage progress at the institutional level by sharing with leadership aggregated information about issues of community concern.